Friday, November 5, 2010

Perspectives and Guy Fawkes and Movies

So, working on my computer this morning, I saw a Tweet from a well regarded tester that said:

Remember, remember the 5th of November, The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason Why the Gunpowder Treason Should ever be forgot.

Being of the mindset that I am, my immediate reaction was "Guy Fawkes?  She's an American, what is she on about Guy Fawkes and the Bonfire Night for?" 

So I asked if she had made a Guy?  (Seemed perfectly reasonable I thought.)  Her response was a little, well, not at all what I expected.  We were several tweets into the conversation when I realized her tweet had actually nothing at all to do with Guy Fawkes day and was based on V for Vendetta - the movie.

From that point on, both of us understood why the other had no clue what we had been talking about. 

This was pretty quick, compared to when things like this happen in the office, on projects.  I sometimes wonder how it is that people can fail to realize that they are using the same terms or phrases or buzz-words and talking about completely different things.
So, Movie or Historical Event or Project?

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match...

No comments:

Post a Comment